Cajun chicken and avocado salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.35 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 single skinless chicken breast fillets (about 500g total)
- cooking oil spray
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 medium yellow capsicums, halved, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, halved, destoned and thinly sliced
- 2 egg tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 40g baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 bunch flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup extra light sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat a chargrill on medium-high. Spray chicken with cooking oil. Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning powder to lightly coat. Grill 4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
Step 2 Meanwhile, combine the capsicum, avocado, tomato, spinach leaves and parsley in a large bowl. Divide salad between serving plates.
Step 3 Whisk yoghurt, sour cream, juice and garlic in a jug until combined.
Step 4 Cut chicken into 1cm-thick slices. Arrange over salad, drizzle with dressing and serve.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Sue Lau (Hunters Hill, NSW)
Sue says: "This is a great combination of flavours and couldn't be easier to make."
About this recipe
First published: April 2008