Slow-cooked Asian beef with sweet potato
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 min, prep 10 mins, cook 90 mins
$2.38 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 600g blade steak, fat trimmed, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes, no added salt
- 1 cup water
- 750g kumara, cut in 3cm cubes
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 1/2 cups steamed rice, to serve
- 3 cups steamed green beans or broccoli, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 160°C. Heat a large flameproof ovenproof pan over a high heat, spray with oil. Add beef in batches. Cook until browned. Remove and set aside.
Step 2 Return pan to a medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Add onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add garlic and curry paste. Cook for 1 minute. Return beef to pan. Add tomatoes and water. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Cover and place in oven for 1 hour.
Step 3 Add kumara, stir, and return to oven for 30 minutes. Remove and stir through sugar.
Step 4 Serve with rice and vegetables.
About this recipe
First published: August 2008