Full ingredients list:
- 1/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 small chicken breast fillets (500g total), skin removed, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- olive oil spray
- 4 pita pockets, cut in half
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- lemon wedges, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine yoghurt, juice and garlic in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until required.
Step 2 Combine chicken, cumin and mustard in a large bowl. Spray with oil. Cook in a large frying pan over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
Step 3 Fill pita pockets with lettuce, onion and tomato. Top with chicken and yoghurt sauce.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide reader, Amber Newton (Mansfield, QLD)
Amber says: "This recipe is also great served with low-fat hommous and tabouleh."
About this recipe
First published: December 2008