Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 350g lean pork, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 440g can pineapple pieces in juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon reduced-salt soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 425g can baby corn
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 cups cooked rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add pork and toss until sealed. Add onion, capsicum and carrot. Stir-fry for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Drain pineapple into a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup of juice.
Step 3 Add ginger, pineapple juice, soy sauce, vinegar, tomato sauce and brown sugar. Stir. Reduce heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until vegies are tender. Add baby corn and pineapple pieces.
Step 4 Dissolve cornflour in a tablespoon of cold water. Add to wok. Stir into sauce to thicken. Combine well. Serve with rice.
Add other vegetables if you like, or substitute chicken for the pork.
About this recipe
First published: December 2008