Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C.
Step 2 Make stuffing: heat a frying pan over medium heat and spray with olive oil. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Allow to cool completely.
Step 3 Place onion mixture into a bowl. Add breadcrumbs, pine nuts and parsley. Rub quince paste into mixture until well combined. Season with pepper.
Step 4 Place turkey onto a clean work surface. Spoon stuffing down the middle of the two breasts. Roll turkey to enclose stuffing. Using kitchen string, tie at 2cm intervals, knotting to secure. Place on a baking tray. Spray with olive oil.
Step 5 Roast for 1 hour or until juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into thickest part of breast. Cover with foil and rest for 15 minutes.
Serve as part of our classic Christmas menu with a fresh twist, so you can enjoy your favourite food and still be healthy!
Prawn salad with mango and chilli
Turkey breast with pine nut and quince stuffing
Spiced cherry sauce
Potato salad with mint and pistachios
Asparagus, bean and feta salad
Pimm's and berry custard trifle cups
You can do a lot of the prep in advance – follow this time plan:
2 days before
- Cherry sauce – make sauce, allow to cool, then cover and refrigerate. To serve, either allow to come to room temperature or warm gently.
- Trifles – make custard. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
1 day before
- Prawn salad – make the dressing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Turkey – make the stuffing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Potato salad – boil potatoes. Set aside to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate.
- Asparagus salad – make the dressing. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
3 hours before
- Trifles – assemble and cover with plastic wrap. Keep in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve.
- Asparagus salad – blanch beans and asparagus.
2 hours before
- Turkey – prepare turkey and roast in the oven.
- Cherry sauce – remove from fridge. Allow sauce to warm to room temperature.
Just before serving
- Assemble prawn salad, potato salad and asparagus salad.
- Add dressing to potatoes just before serving.