Olive, thyme and tomato muffins
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.75 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal (polenta)
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup drained and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced pimento olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 100g reduced-fat dairy spread, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Spray a 6-hole, 3/4-cup capacity muffin pan with cooking oil.
Step 2 Combine the flour and cornmeal in a large bowl.
Step 3 Add the cheese, tomato, olives and thyme and stir to combine.
Step 4 Pour in the milk, dairy spread and eggs and stir until just combined (do not over-mix). Divide mixture between prepared pan holes. Bake for about 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Turn out onto a wire rack. Serve.
About this recipe
First published: February 2008