Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 long red chillies, chopped
- 4 long green chillies, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped coriander
- 1 small red onion, halved and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place spices in a small non-stick frying pan over low heat. Cook, shaking pan occasionally, for about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to the bowl of a food processor.
Step 2 Add remaining ingredients and process until well combined and a paste forms.
Making the most of marinades
Note: Nutritional information based on serving size of 1 tablespoon.
- Be generous with marinades and ensure the meat or seafood is completely covered.
- To get the best flavour, marinate food overnight in the fridge, then use the marinade to baste food while cooking.
- If you're in a hurry, marinades can give a flavour boost in as little as 20 minutes.
- Never pour the cold marinade left over in the dish over the cooked food. Heat it up first.
- Store this marinade in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
About this recipe
First published: January 2008