Full ingredients list:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place honey in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over low heat. Remove and stir in remaining ingredients. Cool before using.
Making the most of marinades
Note: Nutritional information based on serving size of 1 tablespoon.
- Be generous with marinades and make sure the meat or seafood is completely covered.
- To get the best flavour, marinate food overnight in the fridge, then use the marinade to baste food while cooking.
- If you're in a hurry, marinades can give a flavour boost in as little as 20 minutes.
- Never pour the cold marinade left over in the dish over the cooked food. Heat it up first.
About this recipe
First published: January 2008