Roast chicken with pumpkin and parsnips
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$5.30 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 700g pumpkin, seeded, cut into 2cm-wide wedges (skin on)
- 2 parsnips, peeled, cut into batons
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- olive oil spray
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds, crushed
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200Â°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Place cut vegetables in a single layer on one tray. Spray with olive oil, sprinkle with rosemary, drizzle with balsamic and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes, turning vegetables once during cooking.
Step 2 Meanwhile, press chicken breasts into crushed fennel to lightly coat both sides. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat and spray with olive oil. Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
Step 3 Transfer chicken to second baking tray. Bake for a further 10 minutes until just cooked through.
Step 4 Divide vegetables among serving plates and top with chicken. Serve immediately.
You can use any vegies you have on hand in this roast.
About this recipe
First published: July 2008