Chicken and corn noodle soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$3.90 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 cups reduced-salt chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g skinless chicken breast fillet
- 150g vermicelli rice noodles
- 420g can no-added-salt corn kernels, drained
- 1/3 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 green shallots, sliced
- 2 fresh small red chillies, thinly sliced (optional)
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine stock, water, ginger and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken and simmer, covered, for about 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Transfer chicken to a plate and shred.
Step 2 Add noodles to soup and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until noodles soften.
Step 3 Add chicken and stir until hot. Remove from heat.
Step 4 Add remaining ingredients to soup. Use tongs to divide noodles among soup bowls. Ladle over soup and serve.
Note: If you have high blood pressure or need to follow a low-salt diet, make this recipe an occasional treat.
About this recipe
First published: May 2008