Full ingredients list:
- 1 litre reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 3cm-piece fresh ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 x 200g packets (30) frozen beef mini dim sims (hoi ma brand)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 5cm-long matchsticks
- 1/4 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 100g snow peas, sliced lengthways
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/3 bunch coriander, sprigs picked
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place the stock, water, ginger and garlic into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Add dim sims and simmer for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 2 Add the carrot, cabbage and soy sauce. Stir to combine and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Remove.
Step 3 Stir in sprouts and snow peas. Ladle into bowls. Top with onion, chilli and coriander and serve.
If you need to follow a low-salt diet, make this recipe an occasional treat.
About this recipe
First published: May 2008