Salmon, tomato and asparagus pasta
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$2.42 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g penne pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baby salted capers, rinsed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely cut basil, plus extra to garnish
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 210g can salmon, drained, bones and skin removed, flaked
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook penne following packet instructions until al dente. Add asparagus for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain well, return to saucepan.
Step 2 Place tomato, capers, basil, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice into a bowl. Season with a pinch of sugar and freshly ground black pepper.
Step 3 Add tomato mixture and salmon to hot pasta and toss to combine. Divide between serving bowls, garnish with extra shredded basil if desired.
This pasta dish is great with any type of fish or seafood. You could replace salmon with canned tuna or even crab. You can also replace asparagus with other vegetables - such as zucchini or broccoli.
About this recipe
First published: November 2008