Thai fish cakes
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins, plus cooling
$2.60 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 500g potatoes (such as desiree), peeled, chopped
- 425g can tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 6 green shallots, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- green salad, to serve
- lime wedges, to serve
- Dipping sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to pan and mash roughly with a fork. Set aside to cool.
Step 2 Add tuna, green shallots, capsicum, coriander, lime zest and egg to pan. Mix well.
Step 3 Shape mixture into 12 patties. Place flour onto a large plate and lightly coat each patty.
Step 4 Brush a non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over high heat. Cook patties in three batches for 2-3 minutes each side or until golden.
Step 5 To make dipping sauce, mix all ingredients in a bowl. Serve patties with sauce, salad and lime wedges.
About this recipe
First published: September 2008