Bubble 'n' squeak
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$1.28 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 250g packet frozen peas, corn and carrots
- 2 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- olive oil spray
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil potatoes in a saucepan of water until tender. Drain well, then mash roughly with table spread.
Step 2 Steam or microwave frozen vegetables and cabbage until tender. Drain well. Add vegetables and green onions to potatoes. Stir to combine. Add breadcrumbs and cheese.
Step 3 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil. Shape one-third cupfuls of mixture into patties and fry, in batches, until golden, turning halfway through. Serve immediately.
About this recipe
First published: April 2009