Tofu and egg noodle soup
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 15 mins
$2.76 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced vegetable stock powder
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, sliced
- 1 tablespoon mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 2 teaspoons salt-reduced soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 440g fresh egg noodles
- 200g Chinese marinated tofu
- 2 bunches baby bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- red chilli and green onions, thinly sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place stock powder, ginger, mirin, soy and sugar in a large saucepan with 1.5L boiling water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, put noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand for 2 minutes.
Step 3 Add tofu and bok choy to broth. Simmer for 1–2 minutes or until bok choy is bright green. Remove from heat.
Step 4 Drain egg noodles and divide between 4 serving bowls. Ladle hot broth over noodles. Top with chilli and onions. Serve.
Replace the tofu with white fish or shredded cooked chicken; and the bok choy with broccoli or wombok.
About this recipe
First published: August 2009