Chicken pasta salad with almonds
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
27 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 12 mins
$4.29 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 300g buckwheat spiral pasta
- 400g skinless chicken breasts, cooked, shredded
- 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup ready-made low-fat creamy salad dressing
- 30g raw almonds, chopped
- 2 cups baby rocket leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook pasta according to packet directions. Rinse under cold water and drain.
Step 2 Place pasta into a bowl. Toss with chicken, celery, apple, currants, onion and dressing.
Step 3 Divide between 4 serving plates. Serve sprinkled with almonds and garnished with baby rocket leaves.
Try this salad with seared tuna steak, rare roast beef or pan-fried firm tofu.
About this recipe
First published: December 2009