Warm sweet potato and beetroot salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 35 mins
$1.62 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 large (400g) sweet potato (kumara), cut into chunks
- 1 large (100g) beetroot, peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 large (60g each) carrots, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 400g pumpkin, cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic
- cooking oil spray
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 50g walnut pieces, toasted
- Honey-orange dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice and zest of 1/2 orange
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the sweet potato, beetroot, carrot, pumpkin and garlic into a baking tray and spray with oil. Cook for 25 minutes.
Step 2 Meanwhile, make dressing: Heat honey until warm and runny. Mix together with yoghurt, then stir in juice and zest. Set aside.
Step 3 Remove vegetables from oven. Toss with sugar, juice and zest. Return to oven and cook until juice has evaporated and vegetables are cooked through.
Step 4 Arrange spinach and warm roast vegetables on a large serving platter. Top with walnuts. and dressing. Serve immediately.
About this recipe
First published: December 2009