Roast chicken breast with ratatouille
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 20 mins
$4.95 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 large zucchini, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 large red capsicum, seeded, cut into 2cm squares
- 1 large red onion, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 small eggplant (300g), cut into 2cm cubes
- olive oil spray
- 4 x 150g skinless chicken breast fillets
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 420g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- balsamic vinegar, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Place zucchini, capsicum, onion and eggplant in a single layer on a large baking tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Place in oven for 10 minutes.
Step 2 Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook chicken for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown.
Step 3 Remove vegetables from oven. Add tomatoes, cannellini beans and thyme to the tray. Place chicken breasts in a single layer on top of the roasted vegetables. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Return to oven and roast for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are golden and tender.
Step 4 Divide the vegetables between 4 serving plates. Top each with a piece of chicken. Drizzle with a little balsamic if desired.
Replace cannellini beans with no-added-salt 4-bean mix. Substitute fresh thyme leaves with oregano.
About this recipe
First published: July 2009