Baked salmon with beetroot tzatziki
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 15 mins
$5.19 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g baby (chat) potatoes, halved
- 4 x 150g boned salmon fillets
- 4 slices lemon, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into 5cm-long matchsticks
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup beetroot tzatziki
- steamed spinach, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Step 2 Boil, steam or microwave the potatoes until tender. Cover to keep warm. Set aside.
Step 3 Place four 20cm x 20cm pieces of foil on your work surface. Cut 4 pieces of baking paper to about the size of salmon fillets and place in centre of foil squares. Top with salmon.
Step 4 Place 2 lemon slices on each fillet, top with carrot and green onion. Fold foil to enclose. Place parcels on baking tray and bake for 10–12 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Step 5 Remove salmon from foil and transfer to 4 serving plates. Serve with beetroot tzatziki, potato and steamed spinach.
- Replace the chat potatoes with 2 cups cooked rice.
- Substitute the spinach for blanched green beans.
About this recipe
First published: June 2009