Spaghetti with bacon and Brussels sprouts
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$2.57 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 320g wholemeal spaghetti
- olive oil spray
- 6 middle bacon slices (100g), trimmed, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 cup reduced-salt chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (40g) pine nuts, toasted
- punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook spaghetti following packet instructions. Drain, return to saucepan. Set aside.
Step 2 Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spray with oil. Cook bacon for 2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook for 30 seconds. Add Brussels sprouts and stock. Cook for 1–2 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are softened.
Step 3 Add to spaghetti and toss to combine. Spoon into bowls. Top with pine nuts and tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
- Add leftover shredded chicken instead of bacon.
- Replace cherry tomatoes with sun-dried tomatoes.
About this recipe
First published: June 2009