Lovely baked cinnamon pears
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$0.96 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 firm pears
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- zest of 1 orange
- sprinkling of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200Â°C. Wash pears and cut in half lengthways. If you are not able to stand them up, trim the base.
Step 2 Stand pears in an ovenproof dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, breadcrumbs, orange zest, cinnamon, apricots and table spread. Top each pear with breadcrumb mixture and press down lightly.
Step 3 Pour 5 tablespoons of boiling water around the pears. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until pears are tender. Serve with a spoonful of yoghurt or custard.
- Use sultanas instead of apricots.
- Cinnamon baked apples: To make stuffed apples, remove the core from each apple. Make a sharp incision around the middle and place in an ovenproof dish. Use the same stuffing as for the pears to fill the centre of each apple. Pour boiling water around the apples and bake for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Serve. (You may have a bit of filling left over depending on the size of your apples.)
The filling can be made ahead and then kept in the fridge for a day.
About this recipe
First published: March 2009