Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 min, prep 10 mins, cook 55 mins
$2.85 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed, halved lengthways
- 1.2kg washed potatoes, cut into 4cm pieces
- 2 green capsicums (180g total), sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled, crushed
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 2 x 400g cans diced Italian tomatoes, no added salt
- 1 tablespoon mixed dried herbs
- 16 chicken drumsticks (2kg total), skin removed
- 100g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Put onion and potato into a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Divide between 2 roasting pans.
Step 2 To each pan, add half the capsicum, garlic, olives, tomatoes and herbs. Toss until combined. Arrange drumsticks over vegetables. Season with pepper.
Step 3 Roast drumsticks and vegetables for 40 minutes. Stir. Bake for a further 15–20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve sprinkled with feta and parsley.
Serve as part of this Greek-style budget dinner menu for eight:
$11.47 Ricotta and silverbeet triangles
$22.81 Greek chicken
$07.69 Roast tomato salad
$07.14 Mandarin syrup cake
About this recipe
First published: May 2009