Italian-style beef and bean stew
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.17 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- olive oil spray
- 500g extra lean beef strips
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 yellow capsicums, sliced
- 410g can Italian-style chopped tomatoes with chilli and parsley
- 150g green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- crusty bread, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a large saucepan with oil. Heat over high heat and cook beef for 4–5 minutes or until browned. Remove from pan.
Step 2 Add onion and capsicum to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add tomatoes and ½ cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until capsicum is tender.
Step 3 Return beef to pan. Add beans and cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Serve sprinkled with parsley, with a slice of crusty bread.
- Replace beef with pork or chicken.
- Flavour boost: add black olives and sun-dried tomatoes in step 3.
About this recipe
First published: May 2009