Roast tomato salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$0.96 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 250g baby Roma or cherry tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 large cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- 1 lemon, juiced and rind grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, no added salt
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Top with tomatoes and roast for 10 minutes or until tender. Cool.
Step 2 Combine lettuce, onion, celery, nuts and tomatoes in a large bowl or on a platter.
Step 3 Make dressing: Combine lemon juice, rind, olive oil and lemon pepper in a screw top jar. Shake until well combined. Dress salad just before serving.
Serve as part of this Greek-style budget dinner menu for eight:
$11.47 Ricotta and silverbeet triangles
$22.81 Greek chicken
$07.69 Roast tomato salad
$07.14 Mandarin syrup cake
About this recipe
First published: May 2009