Full ingredients list:
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 150g snow peas, trimmed and blanched
- 1 packet mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed, sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, roughly chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place chopped apple into a bowl of water with lemon juice to stop it discolouring. Drain.
Step 2 Place snow peas, lettuce leaves, celery, apple and onions into a salad bowl and toss lightly.
Step 3 Combine oil, apple juice and chilli flakes in a screwtop jar. Pour over salad. Toss lightly to coat. Sprinkle with walnuts and pistachios and serve with steak.
About this recipe
First published: November 2009