Vegie patties with herbed yoghurt
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$1.70 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 900g (about 2 medium) orange sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled, chopped
- 1 1/2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed (600g total)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup plain, no-fat Greek yoghurt
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Boil sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Add chickpeas, green onion, ground coriander, paprika, bread-crumbs and half of the fresh coriander. Mash well to combine.
Step 2 Shape 1/2 cupfuls of mixture into 8 patties. Spray with oil. Cook in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
Step 3 Meanwhile, combine mint, yoghurt and remaining fresh coriander in a bowl. Serve two patties with green salad and a dollop of herbed yoghurt.
Replace kumara with potato and the chickpeas with grated zucchini and butter beans, or a small can of flaked red salmon.
About this recipe
First published: November 2009