Spicy lamb curry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
55 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 40 mins
$3.00 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons medium curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 750g lamb, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 large potato, scrubbed, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, sliced
- 1 fresh chilli, sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, sliced
- 375ml can coconut-flavoured evaporated milk
- fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- steamed rice and chutney, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Brown onion and garlic over medium heat. Add dry spices and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
Step 2 Spray lamb with oil. Cook lamb in batches for 5 minutes or until browned. Reduce heat. Return all lamb to pan and stir in 80ml water, potato, carrot, chilli, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and evaporated milk. Simmer for 30 minutes or until potato is soft and lamb is cooked through.
Step 3 Garnish with coriander and serve with rice and chutney.
This curry is also great with beef or chicken.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009