Sumac lamb with chickpea salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 15 mins
$4.33 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- olive oil spray
- 1 corn cob, trimmed, kernels removed
- 2 x 125g can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small avocado, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Spray lamb with oil and sprinkle both sides with sumac. Set aside.
Step 2 Spray a large frying pan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Add corn and cook for 5–6 minutes or until golden and tender. Transfer to a bowl.
Step 3 Cook lamb for 3–4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thickly slice lamb.
Step 4 Combine corn, chickpeas, tomato, avocado, onion, cucumber and vinegar in a bowl. Serve lamb with chickpea salad and reduced-fat natural yoghurt.
Find sumac in the spices aisle.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009