Full ingredients list:
- 4 sweet potatoes, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons rice bran oil or other oil
- 3 cups Swiss brown mushrooms, halved
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 200g canned chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 400g canned chopped tomatoes
- green salad, to serve
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200°C. Use a fork to prick sweet potatoes in several places. Microwave on HIGH for 8 minutes or until tender, turning once. Place into the oven and roast sweet potato for 15 minutes until skins start to crisp.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place oil in a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add mushrooms and herbs. Cook until mushrooms are tender.
Step 3 Stir in chickpeas and tomato and heat through.
Step 4 Split potatoes open and spoon over mushroom topping. Serve with salad and basil garnish.
About this recipe
First published: October 2009