Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$3.88 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g lean beef fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons Tuscan seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato purée
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup reduced-salt beef stock
- 100g green beans, trimmed, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 800g mashed potato (4–5 potatoes)
- 2 cups steamed broccoli
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Toss beef in seasoning to coat evenly. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook beef until seared.
Step 2 Add onion, garlic and mushroom. Cook for 3–4 minutes until softened. Add purée, a few drops of Worcestershire sauce, thyme and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3–4 minutes. Stir in beans and cook for a further 3 minutes.
Step 3 Stir in sour cream and heat through. Serve with mashed potato and broccoli, garnished with chopped parsley.
You save (per serve)
Fat 13g (5g saturated fat)
About this recipe
First published: September 2009