Hoisin chicken with crunchy noodle salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins
$3.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 12 (400g) chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 125g long life noodles
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 wombok (Chinese cabbage), shredded
- 1 medium red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame soy dressing
- 3 green onions, trimmed, sliced
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine hoisin sauce and 2 tablespoons cold water in a bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and sauce for 4–5 minutes each side.
Step 2 Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes until tender. Use a fork to separate noodles. Drain. Refresh. Cut noodles into 8cm lengths.
Step 3 Place noodles, snow peas, carrot, wombok, capsicum, bean sprouts, sesame seeds, dressing and green onion in a bowl. Toss to combine. Serve chicken with salad.
About this recipe
First published: September 2009