Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins, prep 5 mins, cook 35 mins
$4.73 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 500g skinless chicken thigh fillets (about 6 fillets)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2–3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 4 medium-sized jacket potatoes
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Fry onion and garlic in oil in a large frying pan, until softened. Add mushrooms and cook for 2–3 minutes.
Step 2 Add half the chicken and quickly brown over high heat, then set aside. Brown remaining chicken, then return all chicken to pan.
Step 3 Add wine, tomatoes, sugar, pesto and rosemary to pan.
Step 4 Cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with jacket potatoes and steamed vegetables.
This dish is also great with couscous or quinoa.
About this recipe
First published: April 2010