Speedy fish and sweet soy stir-fry
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
17 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 7 mins
$5.15 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 large bunch gai lan (Chinese broccoli), trimmed
- 600g white fish fillets, sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 125g punnet baby corn, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups bean sprouts, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 4 cups steamed rice, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Remove gai lan stems and cut in half lengthwise. Slice leaves into thirds.
Step 2 Spray a large wok or frying pan with oil and place over high heat. Add fish and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add ginger, corn and gai lan stalks and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add gai lan leaves and 1 tablespoon water. Stir-fry a further 2 minutes.
Step 3 Add bean sprouts and ketjap manis. Stir-fry for 1 minute, until all ingredients are evenly coated. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
Any Asian green works well, so check to see what’s in season. If you can’t find ketjap manis, use your favourite thick Asian sauce.
About this recipe
First published: April 2010