Sweet potato and zucchini fritters with chickpea salsa
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
55 mins, prep 25 mins, cook 30 mins
$3.86 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1kg sweet potatoes, peeled, grated
- 4 zucchinis, trimmed, grated
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup flour
- cooking oil spray
- Chickpea salsa
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, finely diced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220°C. Line 2 trays with baking paper. Squeeze excess liquid from sweet potatoes and zucchinis. Place into a bowl, mix with eggs and flour.
Step 2 Form 24 patties (1cm thick) and place on baking trays. Spray with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes, until crisp and golden. Turn once and spray with oil during cooking.
Step 3 Meanwhile, make salsa: combine chickpeas, onion, cucumber, tomatoes and celery. Serve fritters with salsa and salad.
About this recipe
First published: April 2010