Low-fat fish and chips
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
33 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 18 mins
$5.40 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 650g kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 250g green beans, cut diagonally
- 200g grape tomatoes, halved
- 70g reduced-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated, torn
- 1 tablespoon 100% fat-free salad dressing
- 4 x 150g blue eye fillets, skin on
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes, until just tender. Drain. Halve potatoes lengthways.
Step 2 Meanwhile, steam beans for 1–2 minutes, until just tender. Refresh in cold water. Drain. Combine beans, tomatoes, feta, lettuce and dressing in a medium bowl.
Step 3 Spray a frying pan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes for 7–8 minutes, until browned and crisp. Add fish to pan for the last 5–6 minutes of cooking time, turning once, until just cooked through.
Step 4 Serve potatoes with tomato salad and fish.
For a Japanese twist, cook salmon fillets coated in teriyaki sauce and omit the feta. Fish can be replaced with chicken or steak.
About this recipe
First published: August 2010