Roast lamb with fruit and garlic stuffing
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 min, prep 20 mins, cook 45 mins
$4.54 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 medium sweet potato, scrubbed
- 400g boneless lamb leg roast
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 4 cups steamed vegetables, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Chop potatoes and sweet potatoes and place on a baking tray. Spray with oil.
Step 2 Make several sharp incisions down the lamb and place between 2 sheets of baking paper. Flatten lamb with a rolling pin, until it has doubled in size.
Step 3 Sprinkle basil, garlic, pine nuts, dates and cranberries over one side of the lamb.
Step 4 Roll up and secure with string. Cook potatoes and lamb for 45 minutes, until juices run clear. Rest meat for several minutes, slice and serve with steamed vegetables.
Love roasted garlic? It’s easy to make! Simply place whole unpeeled bulbs in an ovenproof dish and spray with cooking oil. Cook in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, until golden brown. The garlic will be soft and can be served with the roast of your choice.
- If meat has been stored in the refrigerator, bring it to room temperature before cooking.
- Soak the string in water for a few minutes before using, as this will make it easier to remove after cooking.
- Resting meat before carving is essential – it becomes more tender and easier to carve. Keep it warm and covered for 10–15 minutes.
About this recipe
First published: August 2010