Chicken and chickpea rice salad
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
$4.78 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 400g 90-second microwaveable brown rice
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed
- 300g cooked chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 tablespoons pesto
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Cook rice according to packet instructions. Cool slightly and place into a large bowl. Add chickpeas, chicken and tomatoes.
Step 2 Place spinach leaves into a large heatproof bowl. Just cover with boiling water, to wilt leaves (about 30 seconds). Drain. Stir into rice, along with pesto and serve.
About this recipe
First published: December 2010