Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
35 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 20 mins
$4.04 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- cooking oil spray
- 4 pieces wholemeal Lebanese bread, to serve
- 1 cup tabbouleh, to serve
- reduced-fat hommous, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a tray with baking paper. Process chickpeas, parsley and mint in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl and add onion, garlic, cumin, coriander, flour and egg. Stir until well combined.
Step 2 Form 1/4 cupfuls of mixture into small patties. Place patties onto prepared tray. Spray with oil and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden. Serve with Lebanese bread, tabbouleh and hommous.
Make miniature falafel balls and serve with a parsley, cherry tomato, sultana and couscous salad. Top with low-fat natural yoghurt.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010