Tandoori chicken burger
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
15 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 5 mins
$3.73 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste
- 1/4 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, halved lengthwise
- 1 large Lebanese cucumber, trimmed, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 50g baby spinach leaves
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 wholegrain buns, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Combine Tandoori paste and yoghurt in a shallow, non-metallic bowl. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinate.
Step 2 Place cucumber and coriander into a small bowl. Season with pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
Step 3 Spray a chargrill pan or frying pan lightly with oil. Cook chicken over high heat for 2 minutes each side, or until just cooked through.
Step 4 Divide spinach leaves and tomato between 4 bun bases. Serve topped with chicken and cucumber mixture.
A better burger: Choosing wholegrain rolls helps keep this meal low-GI.
Satisfaction, sooner: Studies show that strong flavours like tandoori get you feeling satisfied faster.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010