Tuna and feta frittata
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 25 mins
$4.13 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 green onions, white part only, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups cooked basmati rice
- 185g tuna in spring water, drained, flaked
- 1 large zucchini, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup low-fat feta, crumbled
- 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ground black pepper, to taste
- large green salad, to serve
- wholegrain bread rolls, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180ºC, then lightly grease and line base and sides of an 18cm square tin with baking paper.
Step 2 Blanch asparagus in boiling water until bright green and tender-crisp. Drain well.
Place asparagus, onions, rice, tuna, zucchini, of feta and half the tomatoes into a bowl. Add eggs, stir until well combined and season with pepper.
Step 3 Spoon mixture into prepared tin and smooth the surface. Dot with remaining feta and arrange the remaining tomatoes on top, cut side up. Bake for 20 minutes, until golden.
Step 4 Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly before removing from tin and slicing. Serve with a large green salad and bread rolls.
Better bake: Basmati rice has a lower GI than almost any other variety.
About this recipe
First published: February 2010