Ham and cheese pizza
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 10 mins
$2.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 small wholemeal pita breads
- 4 tablespoons no-added-salt tomato paste
- 2 small zucchinis, trimmed, very thinly sliced lengthwise
- 100g shaved 97% fat-free ham, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup low-fat shredded cheese
- ground black pepper, to taste
- baby rocket leaves, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 220ºC. Place two large baking trays in oven to heat for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Spread each pita with 1 tablespoon of tomato paste, then top with a quarter of the zucchini, ham, tomato and cheese. Season with pepper.
Step 3 Place pizzas on preheated trays and bake for 10 minutes, until base is crisp. To serve, cut into quarters and top with rocket.
- Prepare and freeze extra pizzas. Just defrost and cook when you need them.
- Using shredded cheese means using less than you would if you cut off slices from a block of cheese.
- Wholemeal pita bread doubles your fibre intake, compared to the white variety.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010