Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20 mins
$3.03 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 2 teaspoons light olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 400g can no-added-salt four-bean mix
- 4 pieces pita bread or flat bread
- 125g mild salsa
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheese
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 240ºC. Warm 2 baking trays in oven.
Step 2 Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add cherry tomatoes and beans. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened.
Step 3 Meanwhile, top pizza bases with salso and 1/3 cup cheese. Top with bean mixture and remaining cheese. Place on prepared trays and bake for 8–10 minutes, or until bases are crisp and cheese melts. Top with avocado and coriander. Cut each pizza into quarters to serve.
Add some lean, chopped ham and canned pineapple pieces (drained) for a new, high-fibre twist on Hawaiian pizza.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010