Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
50 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 35 mins
$5.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into 3cm cubes
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 2 red capsicums, cut into strips
- 2 x 300g lean mini lamb rump (or round) roasts
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ground black pepper, to taste
- cooking oil spray
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line two large baking trays with baking paper. Place sweet potato, onion, zucchini and capsicum on one tray and lamb roasts on the other. Sprinkle both trays with cumin and paprika.
Step 2 Spray lamb and veg with oil and bake for 20–25 minutes (for medium-cooked lamb).
Step 3 Remove lamb, transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes. Continue roasting vegetables for a further 5–10 minutes, or until tender. Serve garnished with coriander.
Super shortcut: Buy pre-chopped vegies, such as pumpkin. Cook 4 lamb roasts and you’ll have meat for salads or sandwiches.
- Baking lamb and veg on separate trays stops the fat run-off from soaking into the veg.
- Antioxidant-packed cumin and paprika are full of flavour, which research suggests will help you feel satisfied sooner.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010