Zucchini and haloumi fritters
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
40 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 25 mins
$3.08 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 4 medium zucchini, grated
- 3/4 cup (90g) light haloumi cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped marjoram
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 4 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 2/3 cup low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Squeeze out excess moisture from zucchini. Combine with haloumi, marjoram, breadcrumbs, eggs and half the onion.
Step 2 Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Over medium-high heat, cook heaped tablespoons of batter for 2–3 minutes each side, or until golden. Repeat to make a total of 16 fritters.
Step 3 Combine tomato, mint and remaining onion in a bowl. Serve with fritters, yoghurt and toast.
For tasty vegie burgers with a twist, swap the toast for wholegrain bread rolls, and make 4 patties instead of 16.
About this recipe
First published: January 2010