Portobello mushroom and mince melts
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
25 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 15 mins
$2.76 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 480g veal mince (or beef mince)
- 2 cups finely chopped portobello mushrooms (about 2)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices pumpernickel, toasted
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, halved
- 8 teaspoons gherkin relish
- 4 slices 50% reduced-fat cheese
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat the grill. Line a baking tray with foil.
Step 2 In a bowl, combine mince, mushrooms, breadcrumbs, Worcestershire, thyme and pepper. Shape into 8 patties and place on prepared tray. Grill until cooked though, 4–6 minutes each side.
Step 3 Rub toast with garlic. Place 2 patties on each piece of toast, top with 2 teaspoons gherkin relish and cheese. Grill until cheese melts.
Recipe supplied by Healthy Food Guide Reader, Gabrielle Taylor (Maroochydore, QLD)
Gabrielle says: "The mushrooms add moisture and flavour, and lower the calories."
About this recipe
First published: June 2010