Moroccan couscous cakes
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
20 mins, prep 15 mins, cook 5 mins
$1.38 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 cup reduced-salt vegetable stock, boiling
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan seasoning
- 100g silken firm tofu, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped, mixed fresh herbs (such as mint, coriander and parsley)
- 1/2 cup low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices wholemeal toast
- large green salad, to serve
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Place couscous into a bowl. Add stock and Moroccan seasoning. Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
Step 2 Fluff couscous with a fork, then stir in tofu, pistachios, eggs and herbs. Shape mixture into 16 small patties and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
Step 3 Combine yoghurt and mint in a bowl. Set aside. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook cakes for 3 minutes each side, until golden. Serve cakes with mint yoghurt, toast and a green salad.
About this recipe
First published: March 2010