Spiced pumpkin soup with roasted pepitas
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
30 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 20 mins
$2.32 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- cooking oil spray
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 1 long red chilli, roughly chopped
- 1kg kent pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 4 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- coriander leaves, to serve
- 8 slices multigrain bread, toasted
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a large saucepan with oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook onion and chilli for 5 minutes, or until onion softens.
Step 2 Add pumpkin and beans. Stir to coat. Add stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is tender.
Step 3 Meanwhile, place pepitas on a tray lined with baking paper. Spray with oil and bake for 8–10 minutes, or until toasted.
Step 4 Using a handheld stick blender, blend soup until smooth. Sprinkle with coriander leaves and pepitas and serve with toast.
If you don’t own a stick blender, remove soup from heat, stand a few minutes and use a blender or processor.
About this recipe
First published: March 2010