Nectarine and almond bake
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
45 mins, prep 10 mins, cook 35 mins
$0.80 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 5 tablespoons reduced-fat table spread
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 nectarines, halved, stoned, cut in thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 175ºC. Beat together spread and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and ground almonds. Sift flour and baking powder into mixture. Stir well until mixture is smooth.
Step 2 Line a 20cm x 30cm tin with baking paper. Pour mixture into tin, layer nectarine wedges over mixture and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
Step 3 Bake for 35 minutes, until golden. Cool in tin, then cut into 12 slices. Store for up to 3 days.
- This slice is great with many other types of fruit – try peaches, apples or pears.
- Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free flour and baking powder.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010