Roasted vegetables with seared beef and mustard cream
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 min, prep 15 mins, cook 1 hr
$8.34 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 1 bunch baby beetroot, trimmed
- cooking oil spray
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 small turnips, quartered lengthways
- 450g (about 12) small kipfler potatoes, scrubbed, halved
- 350g (about 2 small) sweet potatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 600g rump steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Preheat oven to 200ºC. Wrap each beetroot individually in foil. Roast on a roasting tray for 20 minutes. Spray remaining vegetables with oil and add to roasting tray. Cook for a further 40 minutes, until crisp and golden.
Step 2 Meanwhile, make the mustard cream: combine sour cream, mustard and white wine vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside.
Step 3 Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Cook steaks for 4 minutes each side, or until cooked to your liking. Wrap in foil to rest for 10 minutes.
Step 4 Unwrap beetroot and rub off the skin using foil. Cut beetroot into quarters and add to vegetables. Toss vegetables with parsley and divide between serving plates. Slice beef, add to plates and serve topped with mustard cream.
- If you don’t have wholegrain mustard on hand, use Dijon instead.
- This recipe works well with lamb rump steaks as well.
About this recipe
First published: May 2010