Cherry and raspberry ice-cream with chocolate topping
Please log in to save or rate.
Time to make:
1 min, prep 15 mins, plus 1 hr freezing
$1.50 per serve
(at time of publication)
Full ingredients list:
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup frozen pitted cherries
- 4 cups 98% fat-free vanilla ice-cream, softened
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
Nutritional information (per serve)
Instructions and steps:
Step 1 Line 4 x 1-cup capacity moulds or ramekins with plastic wrap. Roughly chop raspberries and cherries. Place into a large bowl with ice-cream and stir until well combined.
Step 2 Spoon into lined moulds and push down with back of a spoon to remove any air pockets. Smooth out tops so they are flat and even.
Step 3 Freeze for 1 hour. When ready to serve, melt chocolate in a small bowl over a saucepan of gently boiling water. Turn out ice-creams onto serving plates and remove plastic wrap. Spoon melted chocolate over each and let it drizzle down sides (the chocolate will harden quickly). Serve immediately.
- Freeze ice-cream mixture in a large plastic container. When serving, scoop into ice-cream cones and drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Double the quantities and make an ice-cream cake: freeze ice-cream mixture in a cake tin. Turn out onto a plate and drizzle with chocolate.
About this recipe
First published: October 2010